“When you stop doing what you think you are supposed to do, and start doing what you were meant to do, that’s when the script ends and life really begins.” ~ Unknown
I am so happy to share that my “script” will be ending this year. All of my life my passion has been about personal development, reading, and learning. I knew from a very young age I wanted to speak, motivate, inspire, and encourage others; but I never really knew in what form or fashion.
Little did I know when I picked up that first Les Brown book when I was eleven that that was the beginning of a 25 year journey that would bring me full circle to where I am today. God had been lining things up over the past 25 years I just didn’t know it.
For the past 10 years, I have been on a continuous journey to find work that aligned with what motivated me, where my passion would meet my purpose. I wanted to work to make a difference, not just a paycheck. I was in search of the following:
• Autonomy: I wanted to be able to plan my work and work my plan on my terms.
• Control: I wanted to be my own boss.
• Financial: I wanted to have endless earning potential with the only thing standing between me and that potential was myself, not a boss, a budget, or an annual review.
• Freedom: I wanted to be able to be free to take risks and follow my own path.
• Inspiration: I wanted to be inspired by my work, and those who I was helping.
• Mastery: I wanted to be encouraged to build competence, and better myself everyday.
• Purpose: I wanted to be contributing to something bigger than myself.
• Refreshing: I wanted time every day to think, connect, and recharge.
• Virtual, portable, and flexible: I wanted to be able to work from anywhere I had a Wi-Fi connection.
I am so grateful for the opportunity to design my life by getting to continue my lifelong passion of reading and personal development all the while educating, empowering, and encouraging others to become the best versions of themselves! I am so inspired and passionate about this. I truly believe that I have the greatest opportunity in front of me that contains all of the things I was looking for in my work!
I have BIG DREAMS and will be building a team with others who are also willing to DREAM BIG! I want to live simply, love generously, speak truthfully, and work diligently! And if at times I fall short, I will just keep going and growing!
TEAM FLAWED & FABULOUS is in it’s infancy, but will be steadily growing with those who want to educate, empower, and encourage others to THINK POSITIVELY, RADIATE CONFIDENCE, EAT HEALTHY, EXERCISE, WORRY LESS and LAUGH MORE! This gift of freedom is not reserved for a chosen few, but it is one that is available to anyone who wants to make the choice to step out of their comfort zone, help others, dream big, and love the life you have while creating the life of your dreams. Don’t worry whether or not you are qualified for this gift, rather ask yourself if you are called to this gift. If anything in this post resonates with you, I would love to speak with you!